Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My amazing trip to Guatemala!


After a long, hard year at college, I was looking for a place to escape to for a couple weeks in the summer. I never imagined that I would find such rich culture and unique history as I did in Guatemala. One day, my girlfriends and I were just browsing the Internet, looking for a place to vacation, and we came across the Inguat Web site. It helped us to plan our trip to Guatemala, and now I have memories to last a lifetime!
We decided to a coffee tour because it sounded so unusual, and obviously we all drink a lot of coffee pulling all-nighters! We rode horseback through a coffee farm in the heart of Guatemala, and also got to see the peaks of huge volcanoes and beautiful waterfalls. We also got to talk to local people and learn about how the coffee we drink everyday is actually cultivated.
I am also an art history major, so I LOVED going to Antigua. It was really awesome to walk through cobblestone streets and see the beautiful baroque architecture. We also got to see a lot of famous restored paintings.
Along the way, I bought some really cool handicrafts, like a new blanket for my living room at college!
If you are looking for an amazing escape from reality and a place with a very distinct culture, you should definitely travel to Guatemala! We had a wonderful time!

No comments: